Friday 27 April 2012

Today I Will Be Adam - A Poem


Call me crazy, but today I was inspired to write a poem. I've never written poetry. I rarely read poetry. But, for what it's worth, here it is:

TODAY I WILL BE ADAM

Today, I will be Adam -
At the beginning, alive but never having lived,
Open to all possibilities, amazed by all things.
For nothing has ever existed to me.
I see the sky: blues and whites and greys.
Clouds floating, birds soaring.
I see the ground: greens and browns and yellows.
Grass growing, ants crawling.
I see it all in wondrous tones of being.
I hear the sounds around me;
I feel - everything: wind, sun, hot, cold, pleasure, pain.
I feel in my heart: love, joy, hurt, pain, fear - perhaps even hate.
And all (again) for the first time.
All new, all exciting, all disturbing.
Today I experience my God again -
The One Who brought me forth:
Who walks with me; Who talks with me; Who never lets me go,
Though I may sometimes wander.
Today I am part of everything.
And everything is a part of me.
It is for me, and I am for it.
God is for me, and I am for God.
Today, I will be Adam -
And not just today,
But every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment