Saturday 11 October 2014

A Daytime Moon - A Poem

A clear, cool, bright, sunshine-y morning.
It was unexpected; it wasn't supposed to be there,
But there it was.
The moon.
The light that governs the night.
But this was day.
It wasn't bright and white.
It was dull and grey,
Barely shining, not even shining. Just there.
But it was there. In the western sky.
It didn't shock me.
I know why it's there.
It doesn't frighten me.
Nothing bad will come from it.
It's not a sign.
Not really. Except ...
For me, this morning, it was a sign.
It reminded me of God.
Often seeming hidden, but always there.
How often do I fail to see God? To know God's presence?
In the dark times, God often shines bright,
When things are all light, it's so easy to ignore God,
To forget God is there.
But God is there.
Always.
A glimpse of the moon on a cool, clear, bright, sunshine-y morning
Reminds me of that.
God is here.
Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment